Must Have Paint Brushes for Painting
Paint brushes are very much a personal preference. But, we get a lot of questions about which brushes to use when starting out painting door hangers.
So, Kara wanted to share with you all her favorite brushes! Each time she paints, she has 8 brushes in her pot.
Let’s break it down and have a look …
– Base coat brush with a plastic handle. The size of this brush is just over 1inch.
– Smaller base coat brush – Size 1 flat brush
– Triangle handled brush – Size. 5/8 flat brush. This brush is great for painting polka dots!
– Triangle handled brush – Size 10 flat brush. This brush is also great for painting polka dots! This brush usually comes in a package with other triangle handled brushes.
– Angular shader – This is similar to the flat brush but it is angled slightly. This brush is a similar size to the 5/8 flat brush.
– Angular shader – Size 6.
– 2 x smaller rounded brushes, which are great for fine details.
A top tip is to use more stiff brushes for sharp and crisp edges and lines. The brushes used for painting door hangers is much different compared to painting on canvas. You need more control over the brush to add the finer details.
Check out the video below for more details as Kara talks you through her favorite brushes.
Check out the video walk-thru
Grab your Paint Brushes
Save Money on Supplies
Top Tip! If you sign up to Rakuten you will get money back when you purchase supplies from Dick Blick!
Here’s our Rakuten link. It’s free to sign up and you can save money on your supplies. Once you’ve signed up, check the Dick Blick link below to get the latest deals on all your craft supplies!
Do you want to paint with us every Month?
Learn to Paint Wooden Door Hangers from home and gain confidence and become a better version of yourself! I have created a list of helpful resources to get you started on a super fun, creative journey to confidence!!!
If you would like to see what wooden door hanger templates are available, click here…
To see all of my must-have tools for cutting and painting door hangers, check out my Amazon affiliate shop here…
If you want to join my Virtual Paint Party and get creative with me and a bunch of other amazing people, click on the button below to get involved!